Atlanta has to address the issues of homelessness in a comprehensive manner. We cannot continue to allow our fellow Atlantans to live in the conditions that so many homeless individuals find themselves in. As a city, we must provide a robust pathway back to productivity for the individuals who desire a better life. To create this robust pathway, we will have to coordinate our service providers under a unified system which utilizes the strength of our providers and eliminates redundancies.
As your City Councilman, I will do the following:
- Support the city’s future Strategic Plan to address homelessness
- Advocate for the creation of a city controlled non-profit organization that will support the coordinated efforts in the following ways:
- Provides and maintains a fleet of vehicles that will be used to find and transport homeless individuals directly to service providers that serve as the first step in the recovery process.
- Houses the central database and case management system to be used by all providers within the comprehensive plan.
- Coordinates the various groups and organizations who street feed the homeless into a comprehensive meal plan that will enable the service providers to offer housing, services, and food for the individuals seeking assistance.
- Advocate creating a requirement that any corporation that receives public funding from the City of Atlanta or Invest Atlanta, must dedicate a portion of their charitable givings to this non-profit.